Both institutions and individual persons can be the members
The signatories of the agreement of 26.09.2018 are the
institutional members of PAIA and they are free of membership fee.
The membership of PAIA can be obtained by a person who fulfills
the following requirements: submission the written application;
having a legal capacity; conducting scientific work or other
activities related to the archaeology, culture and civilization of
Greece; payment of the membership fee.
The amount of membership fee, character of the membership,
duration of membership and conditions of membership
termination are defined by the PAIA’s Governance Council on
a Director’s proposal.
Only the PAIA’s members can use the PAIA’s accommodation and
other services related to the scientific or cultural activities in
In order to use the PAIA’s library it is not necessary to become
a member of PAIA.
The membership allows also to: apply for permits of Archaeological
Service of Greece; to run for prizes of PAIA; free-of-charge
entrance (only after accomplishing all of the procedures requested
by the Ministry of Culture and Sports of the Republic of Greece) to
the Museums and sites in Greece (recognized by the Ministry of
Culture and Sports of the Republic of Greece).
The participants of excavations and other research missions, that are conducted through PAIA, can apply for the membership on the same conditions as the signatories of the agreement of 26.09.2018; they also need to have a written acceptance of the application from the head of the project, that they are involved in.
Membership fees (indiviidual):
- monthly: 100/50 PLN (members outside the agreement of 26.09.2018/members of the agreement of 26.08.2018)
- quarterly: 200/100 PLN (members outside the agreement of 26.09.2018/members of the agreement of 26.08.2018)
- annual: 400/200 PLN (members outside the agreement of 26.09.2018/members of the agreement of 26.08.2018)
- 5-year: 1200/600 PLN (members outside the agreement of 26.09.2018/members of the agreement of 26.08.2018)
Membership fees (institutional):
- For each following year, the amount of the fee is set by the PAIA’s Governance Board.
In order to obtain confirmation of the membership fee, please send the confirmation of bank transfer, your membership status and institutional/personal correspondence to the Secretary in Poland, Dr Jakub Niebieszczański: firstname.lastname@example.org